This position is responsible for spreading financial statements under the supervision of Underwriters. Assists in performing credit analysis on borrowers, guarantors, and other related entities. Reviews appraisals and environmental reports. Orders and reviews credit reports. Analyzes and identifies collateral, market and industry trends. Assists in underwriting simple credit requests.
- Assists Underwriters on various underwriting related tasks. Duties include:
- Logging incoming credit requests
- Orders Lexis/Nexis reports, D&B reports, UCC searches and any other third party reports as applicable
- Orders appraisal reports, appraisal review reports and/or environmental reports
- Spreads financial statements using Moody’s Risk Analyst system under the supervision of Underwriters
- Completes certain sections of the Loan Approval Report (LAR) under the supervision of Underwriters
- Acts as a back-up to Loan Assistants or Credit Analysts in the following areas:
- Maintains and updates ACCESS as needed.
- Prepares loan packages and agenda for Credit Committee meeting.
- Takes and prepares meeting minutes.
- Generates monthly/weekly CCR reports.
- Coordinates loan approval processes between head office and branches
- Participates in special assignments/projects as assigned by the Department Manager.
- Assures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, Code of Conduct, as well as, all applicable state and federal banking laws and regulations.
- Must attend or complete certain mandatory online or classroom trainings sponsored by the Bank; some may fall on occasional Saturdays and attendance is a job requirement.
- 0-2 years credit underwriting on CRE and/or C&I loans
- 0-2 years banking experience
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution is required; Finance, Real Estate or Business Administration preferred
- Knowledge of commercial credit policies and procedures preferred
- Basic knowledge in credit analysis, financial spreading and in-depth understanding of banking practices.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to assume responsibility and accountability
- Ability to work in teams and interact effectively with all levels of Bank personnel and outside contacts
- Ability to plan and monitor activities according to priorities
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Windows products
- Effective problem-solving (solutions-oriented approach), negotiation & follow-up skills
Far East National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action M/F/D/V Employer.